NOMINATION FOR PHARMACIST OF THE YEAR AWARD
Nomination Form (click here)
The PSW Pharmacist of the Year is an individual who has made significant, influential and sustained contributions to pharmacy practice in Wisconsin and who is responsible for having a positive impact on patient care. The award may be granted to a qualified Wisconsin pharmacist at the PSW Annual Meeting.
- Evidence of being a professional role model
- Demonstration of outstanding service to the profession of pharmacy (i.e. internal & external organizational activities, innovative policies and procedures).
- Demonstration of collaboration with the health care team (i.e. working relationships with peers and other health professionals to ensure efficient, quality pharmaceutical service).
- Demonstration of improving patient care.
- Contributes to the knowledge of safe and appropriate use of medications
- Promotes the profession of pharmacy
Any licensed pharmacist practicing and residing in Wisconsin who is not a member of the PSW Board of Directors, an elected officer or a paid employee of PSW and whose current membership in PSW is in good standing.
Recipient of the Pharmacist of the Year award receives an engraved crystal display piece, recognition in The Journal and at the Annual Awards Banquet.
NOMINATION COMPLETION AND SUBMISSION
All nominations must be fully completed and submitted to PSW by the nomination deadline in order for the nominee to be considered as a candidate for the award. All incomplete nominations will be returned to the nominator for re-submission. Nominations postmarked or date stamped after the nomination deadline will not qualify for consideration until the following year. To complete the nomination, please submit three (3) letters in support of this candidate’s nomination by June 1st. Each letter supporting nomination should be accompanied by writer’s name, work site and contact information. One letter of support can be written by the award candidate. In addition, a curriculum vitae or resume may be substituted in place of one letter of support. Each qualified nomination will be evaluated based on the award’s selection criteria. Documentation supporting candidate’s nomination should highlight how candidate has fulfilled the awards selection criteria. For questions or for more information, please contact the PSW office at (608)- 827-9200.
You may email your nomination to PSW.
Nominator’s name is a required element of a complete nomination. If nominator’s name is the same as candidate’s name, please indicate.