You are now a member of the Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin! Congratulations!! I’m sure you are thinking: “now what?”
The Pharmacy Society of Wisconsin is an organization dedicated to advancing your profession and part of that is by providing ways for you to get involved and be an active member of the organization. We have created the “Association Ladder” below to help guide you through the many ways to use your membership to its fullest!
The more you put into being an active member, the more you will get out of being a PSW member! Guaranteed!
The Levels of Involvement
Level 1 – Sign up
So, first things first, you joined PSW! You are on your way to being part of something greater!
PSW is only able to do our work through the support of members like you. Your membership support at this level of "just joining" means big things when your support is joined with others from across the state and across the profession. We can do more, together.
Level 2 – Dip your toes in the association waters
Now that you are a PSW member, here are a few ways you can start to get more involved.
- Attend a PSW meeting! – See all of our upcoming conferences here.
- Join a PSW Practice Interest Network (PIN) - Click here for a list of all practice areas.
- Read The Journal
- Stay up-to-date by reading the PSW FastFacts e-newsletter on Fridays, respond to surveys and calls for volunteers
- Pharmacy Legislative Action Network (PLAN) - Sign up! It's FREE. You'll get information and alerts to reach out to policy makers to make a difference in practice
- Nominate a colleague for a PSW award
- Complete an online CE or Journal webinar
Level 3 – Let’s get active!
You’ve started to get more involved and maybe that is where you are comfortable. If you want to push a little further and reach for that next level of involvement, here are some ways to do that.
- Contribute - The Friends of Pharmacy Conduit uses your designated support to allow PSW to attend legislative functions to build relationships. Learn more here!
- Publish an article in The Journal or become a Peer Reviewer
- Present a Poster at a PSW conference
- Enhance your MTM services through WPQC
- Connect with a member of the PSW Board of Directors in your area
- Encourage pharmacy technicians you work with to engage in PSW
- Know your Board members - Click here to see who represents your region of the state!
- Present at a meeting – Interested? Contact Sarah Sorum
Level 4 – Be a Leader
Are you ready to become a Pharmacy Leader? It sounds daunting, but PSW makes it easy to become a leader! Here are a few ways to become a leader.
- Apply to attend the Leadership Pharmacy Conference (for pharmacists in their first 15 years of practice)
- Participate in the PSW Leadership Webinar Series or listen to podcasts (coming soon). Watch the weekly Fast Facts e-newsletter for more information.
- Help your company become a PSW Business Support Member
- Run for office on a PSW board - Board of Directors, Health-System Pharmacy Advisory Board, Ambulatory Care Advisory Board, Chain Pharmacy Advisory Board, Senior & LTC Section Board, Technician Section Board