BOWL OF HYGEIA AWARD
Nomination Form (click here)
PSW may award the Bowl of Hygeia at the Annual Meeting each year. The award, which is part of a national awards program sponsored by APhA and NASPA, is granted to recognize and honor a Wisconsin pharmacist who has demonstrated sustained commitment to community service.
Demonstration of sustained commitment to community service, apart from his/her specific identification as a pharmacist, which reflects well on the profession of pharmacy.
- Any licensed pharmacist practicing and residing in Wisconsin who, in the last two (2) years, has not served as a member of PSW awards committee, the PSW Board of Directors, an elected officer or a paid employee of PSW
- Nominee must be living; awards are not presented posthumously
- Nominee must not be a past recipient of the award
Recipients of this award shall receive from APHA and NASPA a mahogany plaque featuring the Bowl of Hygeia carved in bronze, complimentary registration to the PSW Awards Banquet, recognition in The Journal, JAPhA, NCPA Journal and at the Annual Awards Banquet.
NOMINATION COMPLETION AND SUBMISSION
- All nominations must be fully completed and submitted to PSW by the nomination deadline in order for the nominee to be considered as a candidate for the award. All incomplete nominations will be returned to the nominator for re-submission. Nominations postmarked or date stamped after the nomination deadline will not qualify for consideration until the following year.
- Nominations should be submitted without the knowledge of the nominee.
- Nomination should be accompanied by at least three (3) letters from civic leaders in the candidate’s community.
The recipient of the award is selected by a committee of civic leaders, randomly selected from throughout the state of Wisconsin.
You may e-mail your nomination to PSW.
Nominator’s name is a required element of a complete nomination. If nominator’s name is the same as candidate’s name, please indicate.