The PSW Educational Conference/WPRC Poster Session is scheduled for Tuesday, April 9 from 11:30 am - 1:00 pm. For residents who would like to present a poster in addition to the Platform Presentation, please follow the guidelines below:
Residents presenting posters will be assigned a number corresponding to a freestanding display board with a usable surface of 4 x 8 feet horizontal. Residents will be furnished with a display board, but will be responsible for providing other items such as tacks, handout materials, etc.
Posters must be professional in appearance, provide project information such as title and authors, abstract components (objectives, methods, results and conclusions), and charts and figures as necessary.
An effective poster presentation is not just a report or journal article hung on the wall. It should highlight the major points of the topic in a form that the viewer can absorb in a few minutes. Do not reproduce full pages of typed text as they are difficult to read. Posters should include short phrases, statements set off with bullets and clear graphics. The viewer should come away with some new knowledge or insights.
- Keep text brief
- Do not use all capital letters for text as they are harder to read than upper and lower case
- Use graphics (charts, tables, pictures) that can be understood in a minute or less
- Emphasize important information using color, different type sizes, etc.
- Too many colors or fonts can be distracting
- Assume that people will be looking at your poster from about 2 feet away and design it to be read from that distance